Unity Object drawers can be selected in Power Inspector by clicking the header or using keyboard shortcuts.
When a Unity Object drawer is selected, a clear visual indicator is shown in the form of a blue line at the left edge of the inspector view.
While being selectable might seem like a relatively useless feature, it unlocks a new ability: to target the Unity Object with commands using keyboard shortcuts.
Just like all class members in Power Inspector, Unity Object values also be copied and pasted.
Copy-pasting asset import settings is also supported, so you can for example make sure that all the textures inside one folder have the same settings with just a few of clicks!
New Context Menu Items
Unity Objects have an extended context menu, containing some new useful commands you can execute, such as:
- Select Previous Of Type – Selects previous Component of same type.
- Select Next Of Type – Selects next Component of same type.
- Auto-Name – Names the GameObject based on the Component.
- Debug Mode+ – Toggle Debug Mode+ on or off.
Extended Context Menu Items
In addition to the items in the normal context menu, there are some additional menu items only found in the extended context menu.
- Inspect Static Members – Shows you the static class members of the Component’s class.
- Hide Flags – Allows you to view and edit the hide flags of the Unity Object.
- Randomize – Randomizes all values of the Component.