You might want to check from time to time if Power Inspector has new updates, so you don’t miss out on new features, and so that you get all the latest fixes for the latest version of Unity.
The process for updating Power Inspector is very similar to installing it, and done using the Package Manager window inside of Unity.
You can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Package Manager window using the menu item Window > Package Manager.
- In the dropdown at the top of the list view select My Assets.
- Find Power Inspector in the list view and select it.
- If you see a greyed out button labeled Download, that means that your installation is up-to-date, and you are done here! If instead you see a button labeled Update, continue to the next step to update Power Inspector to the latest version.
- Click the Update button and wait until the download has finished.
- Click the Import button and wait until the loading bar disappears and the Import Unity Package dialog opens.
- Click Import, then wait until the loading bar disappers. You should not change what items are ticked on the window, unless you know what you’re doing, because that could mess up the installation.
Power Inspector should now be updated to the latest version.
If you encounter any issues during the updating process, please refer to the Troubleshooting section of the manual for help.