You might want to check from time to time if Power Inspector has new updates, so you don’t miss out on new features, and so that you get all the latest fixes for the latest version of Unity.
Updating Power Inspector is very similar to installing it, and done using the Asset Store window inside of Unity. You can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Asset Store window using the menu item “Window > Asset Store“.
- Find the listing for Power Inspector in My Assets.
- If you see a button labeled “Import”, that means that your installation of Power Inspector is up-to-date, and you are done here! If you see a button labeled “Update”, continue to the next step to update Power Inspector to the latest version.
- Click the Update button, then wait for the download to finish.
- Click Import and wait until the loading bar disappears and the “Import Unity Package” dialog opens.
- Click Import, then wait until the loading bar disappers. You should not change what items are ticked on the window, unless you know what you’re doing, because that could mess up the installation.
- If you see a dialog prompt about performing an API Update, click the button labeled “I made backup. Go ahead!”
Power Inspector should now be updated to the latest version.
If you encounter any issues during the updating process, please refer to the Troubleshooting section of the manual for help.