Domain Reloading = Reinitialization
Power Inspector can take a few moments to initialize when script domains are reloaded, because it needs to rebuild its databases to reflect what types currently exist in the project.
By default domain reloading takes place every time that you enter play mode. However, it is thankfully possible to avoid this completely by disabling domain reloading when entering play mode in your project settings! Doing this is highly recommended, because cumulatively it can save a lot of time in the long run when you can enter play mode almost instantly every time.
Disabling Domain Reloading When Entering Play Mode
To disable domain reloading when entering play mode follow these steps:
- Select the main menu item Edit > Project Settings…
- Select the Editor section.
- Scroll down to the Enter Play Mode Settings section.
- Enable Enter Play Mode Options.
- Disable Reload Domain (you can leave Reload Scene enabled if you want to, it won’t cause Power Inspector to reinitialize).